Texas 2×2 Books

The 2×2 Reading List is a project of the Texas Library Association created to highlight great books for early readers. A committee of Texas librarians develop a collection of 20 new books recommended for children from age two to grade two to be featured on the reading list each year.  

This program is for K-2nd graders. It’s easy to join in the fun – just read or listen to all 20 books on the reading list at home, at school, or in the library and keep track of your reading by completing a 2×2 Coloring Sheet.  Students/parents complete the chart on the reverse side as they read the books. All books are available at the JRE Library and the Fort Bend County Libraries.  

Students who read all 20 books will participate in the 2×2 Special Event in February!

CLICK HERE TO GET FORM

2 Responses

1. Carrie Dawudi at |

I have a question about the 2×2 book contest. It says the due date to turn in the coloring sheet is April 17th, however, I in one of the emails that went out this week, it says the Bubble Man is coming in February. Can you give me details on that so I can make sure my daughter does what she needs to do to get to see the Bubble Man? Do we need to turn something in before a certain date for her to qualify for that event, and who does she turn it in to…the teacher, library? Thanks for your help!

Reply